🎂 🍰 Third birthday 🍰 🎂
Added on Feb. 15 Fri. 2019 at 15:30
CanterlotComics just have 3 years of life and I have not do much since the previous anniversary.
The most major problem is I have is the free time to manage the website.
With the help of the little team help me, I can be more reliable on the schedule of release new comics.
But, the team is too small to have a full schedule each week. Two main tasks are really important to help me they are :
- Search new comics and fill the suggestion entry
- Add the pages and information when the artists give their permission
And this is the main cause of some discouragement to do many great thing :
- Update the website design
- Add new features (like other fandom filter, user account management, ...)
- Enhance the server performance (sometimes, the pages can be very long to load due to this)
- and more ...
- Every day, an average of 1100 people visit the website for an average of 4.5 pages per visit (show updates, I supposed)
- More than 1180 comics listed and readable on the website (more than 48400 pages in 4620 chapters)
- New comics at least every Saturday and Sunday at least (often more)
- Every day 5 to 10 comics update
- And many things I can't be live without this website.
I always plan the future feature to do, they are not very new since the previous birthday news (2 years ago ...) :
- Expand the website to other fandoms (Steven Universe, Undertale, ...), I have to do this but it's not very easy to manage with the performance of the code behind the website.
- Make a little team can help me in the management of the website (update, new comics, ...)
- An user account management to do some other feature
- An announcement feature to help artists (special announcement, requests, ...)
- A comment section for the news
- A comment section for comics, but I currently prefer to let you go on the original page, it's easiest for the artists to check new comments, so I think about it.